This full-time position is being advertised on 27th April 2022 until filled. Applications/resumes should be submitted to the District office at 5045 Jacksonville Hwy, Central Point, OR 97502.
Top candidates will receive an interview, and interviews will be held until the position is filled. The start date is flexible and negotiable, but candidates are encouraged to be ready, willing, and able to start as soon as possible.
Appointment to the position is through an open competitive process and will be based on the General Manager and Field Manager’s evaluation of merit, qualification, experience, and character. The starting wage for this position is competitive with similar jobs in the County and negotiable depending on experience
Starting Wage: $22 DOE
Benefits (After 120-days probationary period): Health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life), PERS Retirement, Sick, and Vacation.
Location: 5045 Jacksonville Hwy., Central Point, OR 97502
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- 2 years of experience working in the construction trades or an irrigation setting
- Valid Oregon Class A (CDL) driver’s license, with a clean, safe driving record.
Special Job Requirements:
- Employee must be able to respond to all call-outs to the Medford Irrigation district within a maximum of thirty minutes.
- Employee required to take off-hours emergency callouts (including weekends) during the irrigation season.
- Maintain CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications as applicable.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled duties in the distribution, measurement, and delivery of irrigation water to irrigators.
- Measurement and balancing of water distribution using weirs, meters, and basic math.
- Perform repair work in, on, and around irrigation facilities including cleaning and maintenance of irrigation canals, ditches, trash racks, pipelines, and other structures as necessary to assure: (1) safe access to facilities, (2) proper operation of facilities (3) proper conveyance and distribution of irrigation water on time.
- Patrol assigned areas by motor vehicle, by foot, or any other management-approved manner to detect leaks, breaks, weak areas, obstructions, and damage to the irrigation system.
- Remove debris and make emergency repairs to banks, structures, and gates.
- Curtail unauthorized or excessive diversions.
- Repairs reinforce and modify service lines, buildings, vaults, meters, water tanks, steel cylinder pipelines, and other metal structures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, outside agencies, and the public.
- Regular attendance and adherence to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
- May work irregular or extended overtime hours.
- Participate in the On-call irrigation season rotation schedule.
- May learn semi-skilled maintenance, repair, and construction work in an assigned work area.
- Responds to emergency repair requests.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The specific statements shown in each section of this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job and meet the needs of the district.Relief Ditch Rider Job Description