Skip to main content

Season update

The District intends to continue running any available streamflow through the system this week. The weekend rain event postponed a start date for storage supply out of Emigrant lake. We intend to run our allotment of water out of Emigrant at the same time as Talent Irrigation District. They plan to meet again on Monday the 20th. If they determine a start date at that time, we will provide an update to reflect the same date. We will be evaluating streamflow, soil moisture, and crop need data throughout the week and will meet again if a decision is needed earlier. The timing of the start date is crucial so that we have water available during the most important part of the season. The conditions we are experiencing this year are all indicating that we are still roughly two weeks ahead or wetter than we were last year. 

Join our mailing list